Wednesday 6 May 2020

One day there's going to be an automated security disclosure...

I was just a little surprised when Instagram sent me a message that appeared to 'express an opinion'...


But it set me thinking about how easy it would be for a developer to write an automated message template that leaks confidential information via an unexpected side-channel... Risk assessment of tiny scripts that do apparently innocuous things, anyone?

Names are interesting things. I once tried to get a hi-tech music themed sticker printed by one of the on-line drop-shipping companies and the artwork was rejected because of a copyright strike. I had used the word: 'Device', as in an electronic music device, but this was flagged up because 'Device' was the name of an American industrial metal band in 2012, and so was trademarked...

---

If you find my writing helpful, informative or entertaining, then please consider visiting the following  link for my Synthesizerwriter alias (I write several blogs, but it makes sense to only have one 'Coffee' donation link!):





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

NULLCON 12, Berlin, April 2022

Here's the badge that I designed for the NULLCON 2022 Berlin security conference (and highly recommended training!).  The NULLCON 2022 b...